Friday, August 22, 2008

Super Fast Post of the Week #2: Viva La Vida Song and Video Suck


I take way too long to write posts. Usually, I take between thirty minutes to about three hours... depending on what I'm writing about and the size of the post. So, tonight, I'm going to try something new: The Super Fast Post of the Week. Similar to Jason's Two Minute Reviews that he used to do, I'm going to give myself a total of ten minutes (not counting the time I give myself to revise my spelling errors, look up pictures and videos, etc.) to write a post on anything movie related... or maybe even not that. Mostly, I just wanna get something down as fast as I can to see how it turns out. 


Tonight's post doesn't really have that much to do with movies per say... well, it kind of does. Mostly it has to do with music and a very special music video (i.e. film). 

Believe it or not, I'm not really a Coldplay hater. This is surprising because it seems like one of their songs are played at every function my college seems to hold and the fact that they are more popular than they should be. To be honest, I really liked the album Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head. When X & Y came out, I didn't really feel the need to buy it. Eventually my brother did and I give it a listen. It wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't anything special. For the most part, all the songs seemed to blend into each other and there wasn't really anything particularly special or standout about it. 

When Viva la Vida came out earlier this summer, I didn't have much of any desire to listen or buy it. When I finally heard the title track Viva la Vida, I have to admit, I was pretty surprised- this song is terrible.

Let's face it, people- this isn't really even a song. It barely has much of a beat or rhythm. It doesn't even really feel like a song. It just feels like like they put a bunch of random soft sounds together with Chris Martin singing in the background. It's just incredibly bland and well, boring. Absolutely nothing stands out about it. 

Anyways, last week, when I was having trouble catching any sleep once-so-ever, I was lying in my bed at about 2 am when VH1 started playing music videos (that's right- VH1 does in fact still play music videos... but only starting at 2 am... it's ridiculous). One of the first videos played was Viva la Vida. Talk about a terrible, cheesy, and uninspired video.

I couldn't believe how bad and unprofessional this video was. It seriously felt like it was right of the 1980's... and not in the clever or intentional way. I can see where they were going for in the video with the whole existing in a painting vibe but... it just looks really fake and lame. It's just bad. Seriously, watch it below if you want to. I wouldn't recommend it though.


I'm running out of time. This post isn't particularly fun to write to be honest. I don't really have much to say other than Coldplay's new single and the music video for that single are both equally bad. That's about it. I can't be clever about it or anything- I'm just say that I really don't like the song or the video. And if you do like the song and video... well good for you. 

... Actually, no, not good for you. They both suck. Really, they do.

But yeah, this hasn't been a fun subject to really write about. Maybe it's because I'm really tired right now. I don't know. I blame Coldplay. I mean, who really wants to write an article about Coldplay anyway? I had so much more fun writing about Naomi Watts and how hot she was last week. That was the way to go. In fact... how about a bonus picture of her just for fun?

Yeah, that's more like it. 

0 comments: