Saturday, August 9, 2008

Rian Johnson's Looper



Rian Johnson, the director of the amazing Brick, and soon to be released The Brothers Bloom, sat down with IGN and discussed his next movie, a "violent and dark" Sci-fi flick called Looper.


"To me, it's a lot more like the first Terminator. "It's very sci-fi, but it's very character-based and very concentrated. It's very different from the Terminator movies, but it's like the first Terminator in that time travel is involved with it, but only as a plot device."

Brick is one of my favorite movies, and I am looking forward to seeing Johnson release some even darker material in this new effort. I am still not sold on The Brothers Bloom, but will see it (only because of Johnson) when it is released on October 24.

2 comments:

Wesley said...

This sounds like it could be pretty cool. I'm not too crazy about the Brothers Bloom yet though. Brick was freaking awesome though. I'd love him to do another noir project if he's got it in him.

Jason said...

The guys over at CHUD said The Brothers Bloom was really great. So we will see I guess...