Saturday, August 30, 2008

YDKS Movies Gets a Guest Writer

So, I'm sure you've all read Jason's comeback post from earlier tonight. It is good to have him back and well, I've never really gone anywhere but, the fact is, we are both getting very busy. Jason is off in Starkville trying to make a life for himself and I'm back in college and spending most of my days reading text books. This first week has been pretty ridiculous- I've basically had 50 pages of text to read assigned per class (that's not really an exaggeration either). To make things worse, it's mostly 50 pages of crap that I honestly don't have any interest in. Seriously, this is some of the most boring material that I've ever subjected myself to. Earlier today, I think I pretty much reached a point of a breakdown while trying to read about different kinds of personal essays as my mom's bread machine was buzzing in the background and my sister kept trying to get my advice on what kind of dress to wear to Homecoming (luckily, I've decided to put my books down for a while and get back to watching Season 2 of Dexter). 


Anyways, the point is- we're busy. And we're just going to keep getting more busy. Despite the fact that I have managed to get a post up per day this week with all the school work I've had (with the exception of yesterday- I figured a man night filled with Sal and Mookie's Pizza and a viewing of Hard Candy was something I could use as opposed to a post), this is probably going to get harder and harder in the future. So, Jason and I have decided to bring in a guest writer to help with our slack. That guest writer is my friend and blogger Zach Osborn.

Zach has been mentioned on the site more than a few times. I've mentioned him in my Sunshine review, my YDKS Covers The Dark Knight Midnight Show topic (in which he is featured in a few pictures), Speech of the Week #1200th post, etc. Zach has been asking me to let him write for the site for quite a while now and, since we are getting bogged down with work lately, I figured- why not? After all, Zach has blogged before in the past (Demand Pop Justice, Me Loves This), has a pretty good taste in film (though I cannot say much for his music taste... nothing personal man), and is naturally very funny.

So, with all that said, expect to see various guest articles from Zach in the next few weeks. I'm sure they will be entertaining to say the least. Also, Austin did a quick art piece for this topic, as you can see above. I have already stated Zach's fascination with Independence Day in Speech of the Week #1 so we decided to make his first art piece here ID4 themed. It's all in good fun. 

2 comments:

Jason said...

The more the better!

Zach said...

I'm truly honored.