Thursday, July 17, 2008

And The General Consensus Is...

Dark, complex, and unforgettable, The Dark Knight succeeds not just as an entertaining comic book film, but as a richly thrilling crime saga.


The text you see above is the general consensus from the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Right now, The Dark Knight rests at 91% with 106 fresh reviews and 10 rotten reviews. All the postitive reviews are pretty much hail the thing as a mastepiece. The few negative reviews mostly come out of New York (still trying to figure this out... maybe they're mad the film was filmed in Chicago instead) and mostly complain that the film is too serious, dark, and lengthy. Basically, they make me what to see the film even more. This is Batman, people. It's supposed to be dark. It's supposed to be complex and serious. Chris Nolan is doing what the source material demands and yet you still have people complain. It's pretty ridiculous. One reviewer actually stated, "Say what you will about Batman and Robin, but at least it tried something original." Are... you... kidding ... me? Seriously. That is the most insane statement I have ever read. All the negative reviews are like this. They're filled with big words plucked out of a thesaurus by pretentious reviewers that probably enjoyed the film but are trying to sound intelligent and are trying to find something wrong with this film. It's just silly. 

Anyways, I could be wrong. The film could suck. I may not enjoy it. After all, despite pretty much loving the film, I did have a lot of problems with Batman Begins.

However, I don't see myself not enjoying or liking this film. After all the wonderful praise I've heard, this movie is not only going to be wonderful but it's going to be something special.

I'm going to see the movie at midnight tonight. I cannot believe the wait is over. I truly cannot. I'm beyond excited guys. I really just cannot tell how unbelievably pumped I am to see this thing on the big screen. If any of you are going at midnight tonight as well, I hope you all have a great experience.

Be sure to check for an update around 3:30 am. I'm going to have some pictures of the YDKS Movies crew at the midnight show and a short summary of my feelings on the movie. Here's hoping that it is positive. 

2 comments:

movie_fan225 said...

Looking forward to it. Should be a fun experience. At least let's hope so.

Preston said...

I'll be waiting...