Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Terminator Salvation Teaser Trailer Sucks




Yesterday I reported on the Watchmen trailer attached to The Dark Knight and today it's going to be the Terminator Salvation teaser. 


First off, let me say- yes, I know this has been out since last Thursday. However, due to it being Dark Knight Week here at YDKS Movies, we only allowed ourselves to report on Batman related news and articles. So, because of that, we're going back to cover and put our spin on some news items from last week.

Now, back to the teaser trailer. I don't like it. I cannot tell you how sick I am of hearing people geeking out and defending not only this trailer, but this movie. McG, the director of Charlie's Angels (both of them) and We Are Marshall is directing it. That alone should make you doubt this film. I cannot tell you how lame it was to listen into the /Filmcast last night and hear people try to defend not only McG but the merits of Charlie's Angels. Seriously, guys? Come on- those movies sucked. They were cinematic excrement. Nothing... absolutely nothing McG has done would point to him being anything other than a hack. 

Add to the fact that this film is going to be rated PG-13 and you got yourselves what looks to be a pretty lame film coming your way. I don't care if Christian Bale is in it- if the direction and creative team behind the film has no talent, then the film itself is pretty much doomed.

I could be wrong. Honestly, I hope that I am. I'm just saying that I don't respect McG, his films, or his place in this world. Maybe he can pull a decent film off. However, it doesn't look like he can. This teaser trailer doesn't do anything to make me feel otherwise.

Really, what's so great about this trailer? It's just a bunch of quick flashes. I don't feel like I saw much of anything. Compare this to the Watchmen trailer I posted yesterday. Now that's how you put together a trailer and pull an audience in. That's how you do it. I didn't feel much of anything watching this trailer. Sure, using the static to build to the infamous Terminator theme was clever but nothing else in the trailer really stood out to me. I keep reading everyone saying the shot of the robot popping up in the background at the end of the trailer is epic. What's so epic about it? I could barely tell what it even was. Compare this to the shot of the construction of Dr. Manhattan's fortress on Mars in the Watchmen trailer. Now that, my friends, is freaking epic.

I'm just really sick of hearing how much fanboys liked this trailer. It's nothing special. It's pretty much gotten no response from an audience the three times that I've seen The Dark Knight in theaters.

Face it guys, you're all just reaching for straws here. This movie has a lot to do before it even begins to slightly impress me. 

1 comments:

Jason said...

I agree man, the lameness of this teaser is so bad, I don't see how they could possibly redeem themselves. I read yesterday that filming is halfway done. So, we will see...