Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Behind the Scenes: The Dark Knight



Last summer, one of my friends had just gotten engaged, and in honor of his death to the dreaded M word, a few of us got together and decided to go on a road trip. We traveled over 3000 miles all along the east coast. But the first place we visited was Chicago, and at the time, they were filming the Dark Knight. So we found what blocks they were filming on, and even stayed alert for a code name, "Rory's First Kiss," which was what the crew was calling the movie. Below is about 2 minutes worth of footage I managed to get as I was literally chased down the streets by various crew members trying to stop me. Heath Ledger, dressed as the joker, just happened to walk into my frame during one of the shots, and you get to here me in my little girl voice. Also one of the guys I was with did not know Heath was playing the Joker. It is funny to here my other friend, Daniel Howard, pwn him just a little!

*Note* The computer I edited and uploaded this video on sucks. There is a clicking noise on the audio and the video came out kinda choppy.

3 comments:

movie_fan225 said...

I heard you telling me that you got this footage, but I haven't seen it until now. Pretty cool.

Daniel said...

dude i had forgoten how awsome that footage was! good times in chicago on the Batman Set

Wesley said...

It's good to finally see this footage. It's awesome that you got Heath Ledger on there and Chris Nolan too. I liked the little circle effect that you added. Also, it's always nice to see the great Daniel Howard make a cameo.