Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Batman and Me: Jason's Confession


If it is not clear by now how much I am looking forward to The Dark Knight, then you obviously haven’t been reading this site. I absolutely cannot wait until this movie’s awesomeness is unleashed upon the world, and I have begun measuring time and days based on its release date. But my history with Batman has been an almost non-existent one. And that is my confession.

I just got done talking to my mom, and I asked her if I had liked Batman when I was little. She told me no. I was shocked. Surely I had liked Batman. I mean, I had watched both of Burton’s movies (and unfortunately those other two nipplerific pieces of crap!), I know I had a pair of Batman tighty whities, I had the Batmobile toy, and I….and that’s when I knew. Batman wasn’t as much of my childhood as I had previously thought. How could I have missed this? If not Batman, then what was I watching? Where did all of my free time go? I played video games, I watched Scooby Doo, and I watched many other cartoons and movies and…stuff. How could I have resisted Batman’s extended hand of friendship? Why wasn’t I fighting crime along side of him like so many of the other children around the world?

It wasn’t until I really started digging deep that I realized where my love for Batman had come from. My reignited love began when I saw Batman Begins for the first time. Batman was real again. He had grappled his way back into my heart with a ferventness only a winged creature of the night could possess. I was a kid again. And this time I wasn’t going to let the opportunity to get to know Batman pass me by.

I am now in the process of reliving Burton’s masterpieces, and experiencing new ones. In the next weeks I am dedicating countless hours to getting to know Batman more. The Dark Knight is just the next logical step since Begins has rejuvenated my Batman loving soul. Be prepared world! The next time you see me, all I am going to want to talk about is my new best friend, Batman!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That batman is much more ripped than the batman that was on my underwear.

Wesley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wesley said...

Good to see your honesty. That's what makes this site special: we tell you the truth, no matter what.