Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A News Wrap Up For A Very Slow News Day...


I got nothing today, guys. Well... maybe not nothing... but it's close. Not much is going on today in the world of movies. This is most likely due to the fact that the San Diego Comic-Con is about to start up and everyone else in the world that runs a movie site is checking into a hotel at this moment. Since Jason and I do this site / blog for fun without pay, we will not be able to attend the San Diego Comic-Con. Still, we will cover the event's news the best we can (in other words, we'll read about it on other sites and then repost it here with own our brand of clever and witty banter- and we'll give credit to those sites, of course). However, I am working on getting money together so I can attend next year. After all, I've wanted to go to the thing for years now.


The some of the only interesting news I came upon today was some stills of Jason being posted from the latest Friday the 13th remake from Platinum Dunes. I gotta say- they are pretty lame. Jason's wardrobe is too hip and awkward as he wears a black jacket(what happened to the good ole' jump suit?) and it looks like he's sprouting some thick blonde hair behind his hockey mask. I disapprove. Still, I think this movie could be a pretty fun time at the theater- in that silly, overly gorey slasher flick kind of way. Nonetheless... Jason's looking kind of lame in these pictures. All the horror nerds on the net right now are flipping out over the new look and are tearing it to shreds. I'm too jaded by this point to really make much of a fuss. If you want to see the pictures, click here to see JoBlo's post. Be quick though- /Film was already forced to take the images down earlier today by the studio (which is the reason I'm not posting them here). I have posted above an earlier official still of Jason (from a great distance) that was posted earlier this week and has not been removed by the studio. Still, it doesn't show the detail of Jason that the new pictures do. One thing's for sure- this remake definitely has an abundance of fog. I'm cool with that I guess. 

Another interesting news piece that I came across today was the fact that The Dark Knight grossed an addition $24.5 million this Monday, making it the biggest non-holiday Monday gross of all-time. This film is breaking so many records that it is absolutely insane. I've said this once and I'll say it again- Chris Nolan has created a monster with this movie. And I'll say this again- it deserves every dollar it gets and then some. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you should be ashamed of yourself. Seriously, if you haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, stop reading our site. Really, I mean it. I don't like you anymore. And you don't have any friends. And your mother hates you... and your father was always secretly disappointed in you. 

Anyways, other than these little tid bits of news, there hasn't been much going on today. Because of that, I have been catching up on film watching. The other night I finally got around to watching Cujo (which was surprisingly close to the novel- except they wussed out on the downer ending) and today I watched the absolutely wonderful documentary Confessions of a Superhero. It's about performance actors that dress up like superheroes (specifically Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and The Hulk) and pose for pictures for tips on Hollywood Boulevard. It was a really strange yet very touching documentary that I wouldn't mind watching over again... a couple of times. I'll try to get a review of sorts up in the next day or so. It was truly something special. 

Anyways, that's about it for today. Hopefully tomorrow will hold some more interesting stories (especially with Comic-Con starting up). Right now, I'm about to kick back again and start watching Martin Scorsese's Rolling Stones concert film Shine a Light. I'll probably tell you what I think about the film later this week. 

Sources: Joblo, /Film

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey man, I am in Oklahoma right now, so I am just now getting internet after a long day of driving. Kudos on squeezing out a post on such a slow day. I was just looking around, and nobody had any worthy news. Also, their are probably a lot of people that read that their father's were always secretly disappointed in them and cried. I happened to laugh out loud. I will try and post something this week....I hope...

movie_fan225 said...

Good nonsense post. You should do a review on the new Dr. Dog album. Not really movie news, but it's better than nothing. Did Austin show you the flyer layout? I'm gonna print some up after I finish Organic. And I plan on talking to Austin about a unique t-shirt design soon. I thought about it, and I think something special for that would be cool. Lemme know what you think it should be.