Monday, July 7, 2008

Is the Dark Knight Advertising Campaign TOO Good?

*This post is photo free for a reason*

Everywhere I look, there is the Dark Knight. It is like someone took the Bat-Signal and placed it directly over my house. I cannot go anywhere on the web, watch any movie in the theater, or watch TV without coming into contact with Batman, The Joker, and now Two-Face.

OK, I will admit that I am a freak. When it comes to movies I desperately want to see, I will avoid trailers, TV spots, web advertisements, and anyone who talks about that particular flick. Many-a-friendship has been ruined simply because people just do not know when to quit talking. When I come into contact with something that could potential ruin even the smallest plot point, I curl into the fetal position, cover my ears with my hands, shut my eyes as tight as possible, and rock back and forth humming "You're A Grand Old Flag" until it goes away. This takes place no matter where I am located. The only Dark Knight Trailer I have seen (which was voluntary by the way, but I always allow myself just a taste) has been the first one, and that was just once. I have seen nothing else minus some stills of the Joker on every movie website known to man. If Dark Knight Week gets too out of hand here at YDKS next week, I may have to quit posting all together for a little while. I can't even go to JoBlo anymore because they have advertisements playing footage.

I just cannot stand a movie being spoiled for me. And with every new trailer for the Dark Knight, they show something new. There are five trailers now. FIVE! And this newest one is suppose to show Two-Face at the end. There are also a total of 9 TV spots available now. Frankly, I am getting worn out trying to avoid spoilers. Just Stop! I am begging you specifically Nolan. Put an end to this madness. 5 trailers is enough!

The fifth theatrical trailer for Batman has just been released, and unless you are freak like me, you can find it at Trailer Addict. Here you can also find featurettes, behind the scenes stuff, the first 6 minutes of the Dark Knight, bootleg trailers, and too much more. I implore you not to go!

Sources: Geeks of Doom/Trailer Addict

2 comments:

Wesley said...

I'm doing my best to avoid Dark Knight material from here on out. It's been hard though. I ran into a spoiler (very minor one but a spoiler nonetheless) the other day and it made me very depressed. It's hard to avoid all of this stuff. Sounds like you've done a lot better than me so far, Jason. Keep it up.

movie_fan225 said...

5? I'm pretty sure I've only seen 2. Cool. I really hope I don't run across the other 3. Of course, now that I said that, I will. Damn.