Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oliver Stone's W. Trailer Leaked- Watch it Quick

Oliver Stone has never been the one for subtlety. In fact, the guy directs with the lightness of a sledgehammer. Still, despite his in-your-face attitude and his controversial use of taking a creative license with history, I can't help but always enjoy the man's films. He just know how to put images together and almost always makes incredibly fascinating and entertaining films about the history of the United States. Sure, I know that he likes to blend the facts and that most of what I am watching probably isn't true... but I don't care. I just enjoy watching it. I just see it as another form of entertainment is all. 


So, when it was announced that Stone was directing a biopic of controversial and extremely unpopular President George W. Bush, everyone knew what to expect- a very biased and mostly negative view of our president. After viewing just a few minutes of this teaser trailer, you will find that just to be the case- we see George W. (Josh Brolin in a nearly unrecognizable role) getting plastered, dancing with girls on a bar, going to prison, and even crashing his car in a drunken stupor with what looks to be a joint in his hand. Despite Stone's basis and the fact that Bush hating is pretty old by this point, the film looks very intriguing and entertaining to me, much like the rest of Stone's films. 

Who else is looking forward to some crazy hyper editing and possible assassination cover-up plots? I know am I.

Check at the leaked teaser trailer here. Do it quick though- it will probably be pulled off soon.

Update: As expected, the trailer has been taken down.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Looks great. Good star studded cast too. Though I am sure they weren't hard to come by considering the nature of source material.

movie_fan225 said...

I'll see it. I'm not a big Bush hater, but it looks like a pretty well-made movie.