Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where is Tony Jaa?


Last month I posted the promo reel for Tony Jaa's first directorial effort, Ong-Bak 2. When the promo reel was first shown at Cannes, the buzz was heavy as Jaa (who does all of his own stunts) made climbing and running across a herd of elephants look easy. Now it seems that Tony Jaa has simply gone missing.

Over at JoBlo, they are reporting that Tony Jaa has left in the middle of production. Apparently, Jaa was having trouble with the budget and schedule of the movie and has since "gone to meditate in the jungle." Prachya Pinkaew, who directed Jaa in Ong-Bak: Thai Warrior and The Protector has since taken up the reigns and has offered his services to edit the existing footage, and direct more scenes if need be.

The film was supposed to be released in Thailand in December.

I am extremely disappointed, and hope that Tony Jaa uses his Wolf Trumping Rope Dart to find his way back!

3 comments:

Wesley said...

Have you heard of Spielberg having trouble on a production and then going out into the jungle to mediate? That's so freaking bad-a. Still, I hope the guy makes it out okay.

Jason said...

I am just disappointed because this may delay release. I understand that sometimes people just need a break. He has been gone since June though. It might be about that time to just come back.

movie_fan225 said...

I do that from time to time. You know, in between shooting all my movies, mastering all forms of karate, and breaking jaws with my bare hands. Hardcore.