Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Raimi Teases Evil Dead 4 Again


Over the past few years, Sam Raimi has always stated that he's interested in making an Evil Dead 4 but it never even comes close to actually happening. Well, at the Comic-Con this past weekend, Raimi was present to promote his new horror film Drag Me To Hell (which I had hopes for at first but everything I've heard about it seems to be pointing to it being a complete piece of a crap... after all, he did cast Justin Long) and he dropped the little tidbit below:


“I love working with Bruce Campbell… He’s super willing to do anything to make it right. He’s a very funny guy, but mostly he’s got this quality where he will physically do anything to get the shot done right, so I would love to work with Bruce again because I’d love to test those limits.

I’d love to make another Evil Dead picture. And actually that’s in the wheelhouse. I’d like to work on it with my brother Ivan [Raimi] when he comes up next week.”

This movie will never get made. Mark my words. I don't care how many times Raimi says that he's interested in making it or that he loves working with Bruce Campbell- he will never make this movie. Honestly, I don't even think that we need another Evil Dead movie but I certainly wouldn't turn one down... that is, if Raimi is back on his A-game. Let's face it, he's been sucking pretty hard since Spider-man 3 came out. Like I stated above, Drag Me to Hell doesn't look to be much better (did I mention Ellen Page dropped out of the production because she was unhappy with the final draft of the script?). I would probably see an Evil Dead remake happening before this does... in fact, not too long ago, it was supposed to happen.

So who knows. I guess it'd be nice to have this actually come together. But, personally, I'm just too tired by this point of having my favorite movie franchises completely ruined by lame sequels (Indiana Jones, Spider-man, X-Men). So, if this film does happen, I hope that that is not the case. Even if it is, I'm sure it will be great to see Bruce Campbell back in action, spouting ridiculous one-liners and welding his chainsaw arm around. 

Source: Filmdrunk

1 comments:

Jason said...

yeah I don't want him making another Evil Dead until he directs another good film