Friday, July 4, 2008

What If Michael Bay Wrote and Directed The Dark Knight?


Doesn't this picture just scream douche-bag?

As all of you probably know, we here at YDKS Movies aren't very big fans of Michael Bay. The guy's movies lack any hint of intelligence and are just God awful pieces of cinema. I usually tend to talk about how awful Transformers (the most popular movie in the world last summer... I still don't get it, guys, what's wrong with you people?) is every chance I get. Let's face it- Michael is anti-cinema. He makes movies for people with low attention spans and even less brain power. 

Anyways, I got a call from Caleb earlier today telling me to look up the article I'm about to share with you. Basically, it's some made up pages of a rejected The Dark Knight script written by Michael Bay. Of course it's all a joke but man, they were pretty spot on Bay's sensibilities. My favorite part would have to be Rachel Dawes' introduction, her working on the Batmobile and all the lame comic book puns. Joel Schumacher's Batman was pretty bad... but, somehow, Michael Bay's Batman is even worse. Check out the script pages here

Hope you guys enjoy it. 

Sources: Digg, Caleb

2 comments:

Jason said...

One of the funniest things I have ever read. Great read man!

movie_fan225 said...

Oh... My... Goodigity... Damn. That was effin hilarious. Two favorite parts:
"Shes the hottest woman in the world but she wears glasses because she is also the smartest woman in the world"

and

General: "Okay, I like it. But which one of the internets do we hack?
Bruce: "All of them."

In my head, I like to imagine Michael Bay finding this article, reading it, and thinking to himself, "You know... Not half bad...", all whilst flexing in front of a mirror while AC/DC's "Back in Black" blares in the background. Please, visualize with me. I promise, it makes it even more enjoyable.