Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Michel Gondry's New Liquid Project!

This news story is a oldie, but I just found it today. I have been a fan of Michel Gondry since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I think that movie is one of the best of this past decade. I just watched Human Nature last week and was not to fond of that. I have yet to see Dave Chappelle's Block Party, and I thought Be Kind Rewind was a little flat. I also didn't care for Science of Sleep other than those few magical stop motion sequences (I guess you call them that). He is one of those directors, in my mind, that has great potential. The reason I look forward to his projects is his ability to see things in specific items or circumstances that others can't.



That being said, IGN has an exclusive interview with Gondry about his upcoming project Return of the Ice Kid, which just so happens to be based on the graphic novel written by Gondry himself.

"I just wrote the comic book, so we have the subject matter and draft ready. It was a side project, but I'm slowly moving towards it as my next film."

The movie is about students who create a water like substance that when ingested, makes the drinker hear music.

The article does not specify what kind of music one hears after drinking the substance. Sounds to me like it would just be easier to make a radio.

1 comments:

Wesley said...

Michel Gondry is really a hit-or-miss for me. I hated the Science of Sleep with a passion. However, I loved Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The guy is truly a creative and original force in Hollywood right now but, honestly, he needs someone to restrain him from time to time.